- This tutorial assumes you have a laptop running some version of Linux
- If you are running Windows, you should be able to get by. All of this was tested on both Linux and Windows.
- If you don't have a laptop, you might want to find a friend!
- Please begin downloading the following resources now, as they may take a few minutes (or more) depending on our bandwidth
Apache Derby 10.1 snapshot: http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html
DB2 Runtime Client: http://ibm.com/db2/udb/support/downloadv8.html
IBM Java SDK: http://ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/index.html
- To compile Apache Derby support for Perl, PHP, and Python, you will also need the usual development tools:
- autoconf, automake, bison, flex, libxml2
- perl-devel, python-devel
- I assume that you are running Apache 2; Apache 1 or other Web servers should be fine with minor adjustments.
Caveat: Note that we are working with alpha releases of software!